The summer months pose some challenges in keeping your face and skin protected from the heat and sunlight. The challenges are more in winter and there are high chances of the skin going dry. You have to take all the necessary precautions to avoid it. The human body is God’s creation and each individual has a unique set of attributes. Females in particular would want to have bright and glowing skin irrespective of their complexion. So, how do you maintain good facial skin and stay beautiful through the winter months? Here are some valuable tips.
Tips for Maintaining Facial Skin Beautiful in Winter
Facial skin is considered the barometer of an individual’s beauty. A smooth blemish-free skin that has a mild glow is what every woman would aspire to possess. Many people find their skin dry and the lips chapped in winter. It can lead to itching and a whole lot of unpleasantness. There are ways you can maintain your skin as fresh as ever by following a few simple steps.
- Use a good face wash: One way to keep your facial skin clean and fresh is to wash it regularly with a good face wash. If you go out, you must wash the face with lukewarm water as soon as you reach home. The face wash must be free from any chemicals.
- Continue using sun-cream: Many people think sunscreen lotion (SPF) is to be used only during the summer months and stop using it in winter. This should change. The ultraviolet (UV) rays are still around and your skin has to be protected from them. This is particularly important if you go out in the sun during winter.
- Use moisturisers on the hands & feet: The winter months tend to leave your skin dry and the skin on your arms can be one of the areas affected. The feet also appear chapped. Use a good moisturiser immediately after your shower to prevent your hands and feet from going dry. You can also opt for bath soaps that contain moisturisers.
- Exfoliate regularly: Exfoliating your skin including the facial-skin helps keep the pores on the skin open and allows the effects of your face wash and moisturiser to go deeper into the skin. This keeps the cells fresh and healthy. However, you have to be very careful while exfoliating yourself since sensitive skin can get damaged if it is not done properly. You can seek professional dermatologists to do the job, but it can cost quite a bit.
You may be able to find products in the market that serve multiple purposes. There are beauty balms available that do the job of cleansing, exfoliating and also deeply nourishing. Such products again may be expensive but it can save your skin from getting damaged in winter. You will enjoy the same beauty and skin tone as you did in spring.
- Use the right cosmetics: You must select the best products for use in winter. Start with the cleanser. The one you used in the summer may not work in winter. If you are living in a centrally heated environment, the chances of the skin going dry are increased. The product you choose as the cleanser for winter must be able to leave your skin moist and prepared for the other cosmetics you will apply.
Apply a good moisturising toner on the skin. A serum is another product you can use to keep the skin from becoming dry. Take a look at the different brands in the market and find out the ingredients in them. For the lips, you have the choice of lip balm. It will keep your lips from cracking.
- Natural remedies: Besides the above steps and the use of cosmetics, you must fall back on some natural ways to keep your skin from going dry during the winter months. One such solution is to drink a lot of water and fluids. The tendency is to drink less water in winter since you may not feel thirsty. However, the skin requires to be hydrated and you must keep drinking water throughout the waking hours.
The other requirement is to have a healthy diet that contains green vegetables. Where required, you can seek professional help. Stay beautiful and stay healthy this winter.