If you have wondered why a week has been structured in a way that has five days of hard work and two days of staying away from work, there is a reason. It is only after a lot of studies that this work and relaxation formula has been worked out. There may be exceptional vocations that require people to put in beyond the five days a week, but those are essential services and cannot be compromised. The rest of the people are required to take their attention off the routine they are involved in and take a break. Here are at least 5 reasons for you to get out on a weekend and enjoy it.
- Your body and mind need to be recharged: The human system comprising the physical and mental faculties requires rejuvenation. This has been determined to be a cycle of seven days. You get into a routine of waking up every day, reaching the place of work or business, remain glued to the work and drive or ride back home. The remaining part of the day before you go to sleep may also be a routine one. This leads to a sense of boredom and fatigue. The best is to getaway for a short weekend break and come back fully refreshed.
- Spending quality time with the family: If you are a married individual with children, you must do your best at keeping the family together. Your spouse and children need to bond together for a healthy family atmosphere to prevail. Lack of understanding between family members can cause undesirable situations. Children want you to listen to them and understand their viewpoints on many issues. Take them out during weekends at least once a month and spend quality time with them. The same holds good for the spouse as well. When the whole family is together and the overall mood is relaxed, everyone feels good and the spirits are lifted.
- Staying away from all the gadgets: This may be a little difficult to try for everyone. Modern gadgets like the smartphone, television, tablets or computers, etc. have virtually made human beings addicted to them. Most people, especially the younger generation cannot imagine life without accessing any or all of them even for a few minutes. You may also be in a similar predicament. Try dumping all of them for a couple of days and spend time in a distant location. Switch off your phones. You can carry a book that you have wanted to read for a long time. Just do this one weekend and see the kind of mental relief you enjoy doing it. It would seem odd on the first few occasions, but you will start enjoying it later.
- Expanding your social base: Travelling out of your zone can result in your running into new people you have never known before. This is one way of expanding your circle of friends. It does not mean that you forcefully try to make friends with everyone you meet on your weekend getaways. However, these outings lend an opportunity to know more people out there. You will learn what they do for a living and maybe gain some knowledge on matters you had never known. You will be surprised to know how many successful businesses were first conceived in such chance meetings people had on a holiday. You meet a stranger once and within two or three meetings, you may end up as business partners. By remaining confined to your routine or home, you will never experience these.
- Nature beckons you: One other reason you can plan your weekend getaways once in a while is to spend time out in the wild. This can be a forest area where you set up a tent and sleep in the open. It could be a waterfront outside your city where you can relax and probably do some fishing for fun. It could also be just driving through naturally beautiful surroundings to take the visuals in. Much of natural wealth is getting eroded and it helps appreciate how critical nature is to day to day living.
You may have many other non-routine activities planned for the weekends. These could include going to a movie or a sports event. Those can continue to take your mind away from your mundane activity through the working week. These are planned/unplanned getaways on weekends once in a while.